CANADA MAP PRICING POLICY
Please take note that Louis Tellier will enforce a new Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy effective July 1st 2016.
You are hereby requested to read and acknowledge the following. This policy is effective in Canada.
1. PURPOSE. THIS NEW POLICY IS SOLELY IN THE INTEREST OF:
- Promoting fair competition across all distribution channels.
- Maintaining brand identity and value.
- Allowing smaller resellers to compete with larger resellers.
- Preventing underpricing.
- Protecting seller margins.
2. ADVERTISING GUIDELINES
- The MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of MAP Products in any and all media, including but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, and public signage, as well as internet sites, social media sites, apps, or any other electronic media.
- The MAP Policy does not apply to solely on premise or in-store advertising that is not distributed to customers.
- Website features such as ‘’click for price’’, automated ‘’bounce-back’’ pricing e-mails, pre-formatted e-mail responses, forms, and automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s cart, and other similar features are considered to be communication initiated by the reseller (rather than by the customer) and thereby constitute ‘’advertising’’ under this MAP policy.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise that a customer may ‘’call for price’’ or ‘’email for price’’, or to use similar language, specifically with respect to Louis Tellier’s products, so long as no price is listed.
- This MAP Policy also applies to any activity which Louis Tellier determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP policy, such as solicitations for ‘’group purchases’’ and the like.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the reseller has the ‘’the lowest prices’’ or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- From time-to-time, Louis Tellier may permit resellers to advertise MAP products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, Louis Tellier reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specific period of time, by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes.
- From time to time Louis Tellier may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to customers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer’s rebate.
3. POLICY ENFORCEMENT
- If a dealer with multiple store locations violates this MAP Policy at any store location, or on any associated website, then Louis Tellier will consider this to be a violation by the dealer.
- Louis Tellier reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend dealers’ account if Louis Tellier reasonably believes:
- A reseller has violated the provisions of this policy; or
- A reseller intends to violate this policy.
- Louis Tellier's MAP Policy Administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP Policy as occurred, as well as determining appropriate sanctions.
- Waivers to this MAP Policy may be granted in Louis Tellier’s sole discretion by the MAP Policy Administrator in writing. Louis Tellier Sales, Marketing, or other personnel are not authorized to modify or grant exceptions to the MAP Policy. In the event that MAP Policy Administrator authorizes a waiver to the MAP Policy, dealers must strictly adhere to the terms of the waiver letter. Deviation from the terms of a waiver letter is a violation of the MAP Policy.
- Louis Tellier monitors the advertised prices of resellers, either directly or via the use of 3rd party agencies or tools. Resellers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any Louis Tellier investigation regarding possible MAP Policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with a Louis Tellier MAP policy investigation is a violation of this MAP Policy.
- The MAP Policy will be enforced by Louis Tellier in its sole discretion and without notice. Resellers have no right to enforce the MAP Policy. Violations of this policy may result in any of the aforementioned sanctions up to and including termination of our business relationship, as well as any available remedies at law. All questions related to this MAP Policy should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org